Notice of Oceanias Masters Athletics Inc (OMA) Annual General Meeting
An Annual General Meeting of OMA is to be held on Saturday 31 August 2019 at the Mackay (QLD) Aquatic and Recreation Complex commencing at 2.30 pm. The OMA Championships commence on that day. This email is the notice required to be issued at least three months prior.
The OMA Constitution provides that each Affiliate Member is eligible to have two delegates and each delegate has one vote on each matter raised. There is no provision for any assistance by OMA towards any expenses for any delegate. Prior advice from Members to me of the names of the delegates will assist in arrangements. A delegate must be a member or office bearer of the Member he or she is representing. Delegates are expected to give a brief verbal or written report (which can be provided for email distribution prior to the meeting) regarding the development of Masters Athletics in their nation.
Associate members of OMA can provide delegates who may participate in discussions but they do not have voting rights.
Proposals for Constitutional change must be submitted to the OMA Secretary at least two months before the AGM. Shortly after the closing date of 30 June 2019 an agenda for the meeting will be provided.
Nominations for all Council positions for the next term must be received by the OMA Secretary by 30 June 2019. Late nominations will not be accepted. The positions and current incumbents are as follows;
- President – Lynne Schickert (AUS) completes the maximum three terms as President at this AGM and is therefore ineligible to be nominated again for this position
- Vice President – David Lobb (Cook Islands)
- Secretary – Bob Schickert (AUS) has been Secretary for eleven years and will not be seeking renomination for this position
- Treasurer – Stewart Foster (NZ)
- Council Members – Joan Merrilees (NZL) Tim Rogers (Norfolk Island), Andrew Stark (NZL) George White (AUS)
- Yvonne Mullins is the OAA representative on the Council.
Anyone wishing to nominate for any of the Council positions need to send an expression of interest to the AMA Secretary email@example.com prior to the 30 June 2019.